Planning an Outer Banks Vacation in North Carolina? Looking for the perfect Outer Banks NC hotels suitable for families?
Are you looking for Outer Banks resorts or Outer Banks hotels on the beach or pet-friendly Outer Banks hotels? Check our recommendations on the best hotels in Obx. Most of the travelers prefer hotels in Outer Banks NC on the beach.
This article includes affiliate links to the products we earnestly love and recommend, meaning at no extra cost to you, we might make a teeny-weeny commission if you click on the link and decide to buy something. The money will be used to sustain this little cozy blog we call our virtual home.
8 Best Hotels on Outer Banks
Read our curated list of Outer Banks NC hotels to help plan a memorable Outer Banks family vacation.
Our recommendations on the best places to stay in Outer Banks are based on our personal experience and revered reviews of other guests. Most of them are the best Outer Banks Oceanfront hotels.
Check out the location of these Best Outer Banks hotels on the map below:
Hampton Inn & Suites Corolla
One of the best Outer Banks Corolla hotels, Hampton Inn is located right on the beach between Corolla beach and Duck. There are not many good hotels in Outer Banks Corolla.
Perfect for families to opt for comfortable ocean-view suites.
- Free wi-fi and free breakfast
- The room has a microwave, mini-refrigerator, coffee-make, and other basic amenities.
- Outdoor and Indoor Pool
- Close to Duck shopping Center and Currituck Beach Lighthouse.
Read More: Interesting Facts About Outer Banks
Sanderling Resort Outer Banks, Duck
Sanderling Resort OBX is one of the best Outer Banks resorts for those seeking tranquility and is close to the beach. This huge resort has 4 sections – North Inn, South Inn, Beach House, and Vacation Rentals. North Inn and South Inn have hotel rooms with all facilities. Beach House has suites while the Vacation rentals have independent houses for big families who want their independence with facilities of a resort.
- Access to private beaches
- 2 outdoor and 1 indoor pool
- Spa in the resort to pamper yourself
- Choice of Hotel rooms, suites, or a complete house for a vacation rental to suit the needs.
- Activities like movie nights and Jewelry design classes and many more
You Might Also Like: Best Places to Visit in the USA with Kids
Days Inn & Suites by Wyndham – Mariner
Out of the many hotels in Kill Devil Hills North Carolina, we found Days Inn & Suites perfect. Located right on the beach, it is a great Kill Devil Hills oceanfront hotel.
We loved our suite right next to the beach with views of waves crashing from our window. The suite had a fully equipped kitchen where we baked and enjoyed our snacks by the beach while the kids built their castle. We loved staying in this hotel on the Outer Banks.
- Free wi-fi, parking.
- Free hot breakfast and evening snacks
- Outdoor pool that is operation seasonally.
- Located on highway NC-12, close to the Wright Brothers memorial
Read Later: Best Things to do in Outer Banks, NC
Hilton Garden Inn – Kitty Hawk
Outer banks Hilton Garden Inn is an oceanfront hotel in Kitty Hawk NC with access to the beach makes it a great choice among families. It is conveniently located to major attractions in Outer Banks like the Wright Brothers memorial and Jockey Ridge State Park.
- Free Wi-Fi and parking
- Indoor and seasonal outdoor pool
- The room has a mini-refrigerator, microwave, and coffee-maker apart from other amenities
- Oceanview room and suites.
- In-house restaurant open from 7 a.m – 10 p.m.
You Might Like: Best Beaches on the East Coast for Families
Sea Ranch Resort, Kill Devil Hills
If looking for Kill Devil Hills hotels Right on the beach, Sea Ranch Resort in Kill Devil Hills is a great option. There are stand rooms and 2-bedroom suites that are perfect for families who want to stay together and have fun.
Sea Ranch is a pet-friendly Outer Banks resort. So all those traveling with their furry friends can check this out.
- Pet-friendly resort
- Fully equipped ocean-facing condos with full kitchen, washer-dryer available
- standard and ocean-facing guest rooms also available with min-refrigerator and microwave
- Free parking and free Wi-Fi
Read More: Airbnbs in Outer Banks, North Carolina
Surf side Hotel, Nags Head
Surf Side Hotel is one of the best Nags head hotels in Outer Banks. This beachfront hotel is a relaxing getaway for families in the heart of the Outer Banks.
- Complimentary continental breakfast and snacks & wine in the evening
- Free parking and free Wi-Fi
- The rooms are equipped with a microwave and mini-refrigerator apart from other amenities.
- Different kinds of rooms including rooms with loft available with private balconies.
- Close to Jennette’s Pier and Roanoke Island.
Interesting Read: Best Places to Visit on the East Coast USA
Holiday Inn Express Outer Banks , Nags Head
Holiday Inn Express is yet another great hotel in Nags Head NC. Being on the beach makes it convenient for families looking for great ocean views and magical sunrises.
- Complimentary breakfast, Wi-Fi, and parking
- Indoor heated pool in the facility
- Private access to the beach
- Proximity to major attractions
The Inn on Pamlico Sound, Buxton
The Inn is a full-service boutique hotel on the Hatteras Island by the Pamlico Sound. Located on the Cape Hatteras National Seashore, it is one of the best hotels in Outer Banks NC if you want to unwind and stay away from the hustle-bustle.
- Complimentary breakfast plus snacks and fruits available
- Complimentary bikes are available to tour the area.
- Free Wi-Fi and parking.
- Many facilities like in-house home theatre, a library full of books to entertain
- Dock at the Pamlico Sound perfect to enjoy the magical sunset.
- Close proximity to Cape Hatteras Lighthouse
Also Read: Lighthouses in Outer Banks
Ocracoke Harbor Inn
A hotel in Ocracoke that we fell in love with during our wonderful stay. Located in the heart of Ocracoke village overlooking Silver Lake, it is highly recommended. There is a choice of rooms, suites, or cottages available.
- Complimentary breakfast
- Free parking and Wi-Fi available.
- Golf carts and bikes available on nominal rents. Bikes with Kid’s seat even available.
- Sit by the waterfront deck and watch the mesmerizing evening
- The property includes a treehouse cottage and other independent family cottages
So which of the OBX hotels would you book for your next trip to Outer Banks, NC? There are some great Outer Banks oceanfront hotels on our Recommended list.
Save the Best Outer Banks Hotels to Pinterest
Sharing is nice :) If you have liked our post please share it with your friends and family and feel free to subscribe to our mailing list or you can also follow our stories on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter.